5-Ingredient Healthy Waffles

Heya,


As I've mentioned before, I love baking gadgets! I have an unhealthy obsession with buying various gadgets simply because they are on offer or "look aesthetic." Recently, I decided to buy a waffle maker. Yes; I do already have one but I managed to convince myself I needed another one as this one is "mini and adorable" and most importantly "lilac!" After convincing my parents that this urban outfitters purchase wasn't a total waste of money, I've actually used this appliance relatively frequently. It's much quicker to use compared to a normal waffle maker as well as makes much less mess. The waffle recipe I use most often is actually adapted from my pancake recipe (EatTeen by Lottie: 4 Ingredient Matcha Pancakes ) but I have altered a few steps here and there. I've never actually worked out the difference between waffles and pancakes (aside their shape obviously!) but I would say I prefer homemade waffles but I would definitely opt to order pancakes over waffles when I'm out. This recipe is super quick, simple and the perfect breakfast. I love it as its made with ingredients you will likely have in your kitchen! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and it brings the perfect start to your day!

 

Here is my recipe for 5-Ingredient Healthy Waffles:


Ingredients: (Serves 1)

  • 50g Egg/Egg White (this is about 1 small egg or half a large egg)
  • 50g Banana/Applesauce
  • 15g Plain Flour
  • 15g Protein Powder (Or more plain flour)
  • 1/2tsp Baking powder

Method:

  1. Mix all your ingredients together until fully combined
  2. Heat the waffle machine as instructed on the box
  3. Grease the machine (I normally use a butter spray) and leave to sit for 30 seconds
  4. Pour 1/3 of your batter into the machine and close (The baking powder will cause the machine to open slightly but this is normal!)
  5. Leave the waffles for around 2-3 minutes depending on how well done you like them
  6. Repeat with the rest of the mixture
  7. Top however your heart desires! (In the picture about I've used fruit and chocolate yoghurt)
  8. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts