4 Ingredient Matcha Pancakes


Heya,

One of new favourite flavours to experiment with is matcha powder. Whilst not the cheapest of flavours, the vibrant colour, strong shot of caffeine and unusual, almost savoury texture improves a recipe greatly Unlike most teenagers, I would say I am a breakfast person. It is by far my favourite meal of the day as I love getting my morning started the right way. More recently I have found a love for healthy and simple breakfast that are quick as well as insanely delicious and I believe that my new matcha pancake recipe ticks all these boxes. Being only 4 ingredients, you couldn’t find an easier recipe and the scrumptious almost cake like texture will make you run back for more. I wouldn’t be exaggerating by saying I could eat these every day. I normally serve my yummy matcha pancakes with berries and Coconut Yoghurt (Alpro of course!) however they will be perfect with anything sweet or savoury. The strong matcha flavour even makes them excellent plain or simply with a little honey or syrup. Though obviously at optimum taste when fresh, these beauties last up to 3 days providing they are stored in an airtight container, 


Here is my recipe for 4 Ingredient Matcha Pancakes:


Ingredients: (serves 1)

  • ½ a Banana, mashed
  • 1 Medium Egg
  • 10g Rolled Oats 
  • 1tsp Matcha Powder

Method:

  1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and banana together until smooth
  2. Add the oats and matcha powder and continue to whisk until all the matcha has been mixed in
  3. Lightly grease your mini pancake pan with butter (I use the spray 1cal butter) and place over a low flame
  4. Place a dollop of your mixture in each hole of the pan and leave until bubble form
  5. When the bubble form, flip your pancakes over carefully and leave for a further 3-4 minutes
  6. Serve with toppings of your choice- I normally use raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
  7. Enjoy!!





Popular Posts