Turkey Burgers

Heya,

Something I've questioned for a while is "what is the difference between a burger and a pancake?" Before you question me for being absolutely insane, think about it: a pancake is anything with an egg to combine it, as is a burger. If you made "potato pancakes" a known dish it is basically just egg, potato and flour whereas the same thing with broccoli is a broccoli burger. Whatever it is, I'm calling this recipe turkey burgers.

Turkey mince is something I always have in my freezer as it just works for everything but recently I have been inspired by my dad to make turkey burgers as a) prep is easy and b) they taste delish. You probably also have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. This recipe works with any form of mince including vegan mince, you just might need some extra spices as vegan mince can be quite bland on its own! 

The recipe I make for this is slightly more expensive as I use kosher meat however I've set the recipe to regular meat hence why it might look cheaper to some. I served my mini burgers with wedges, hummus and broccoli but of course you can use anything. I hope you love them as much as I do!

 

Here is my recipe for Turkey Burgers


Ingredients: (Makes 8 medium sized burgers) - total cost: £0.58 per burger 

  • 500g Turkey Mince (£2.99)
  • 2 Eggs (£0.46)
  • 1tbs Ketchup (£0.04)
  • 75g Bread Crumbs (£0.50)
  • 1tsp Garlic Granules (£0.26)
  • 1tsp Onion Granules (£0.26)
  • 1/2tsp Paprika (£0.13)
  • 1/2tsp Salt (£0.01)
  • (any other spices that work for you!)

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4 if you have a fan
  2. In a large bowl mix the mince and eggs until fully combined
  3. Stir in the ketchup
  4. In a separate bowl mix the bread crump and spices
  5. Slowly mix into the egg mixture making sure to stir through thoroughly - add more bread crumbs/ another egg depending on the texture of your mixture, it needs to be just dry enough for you to be able to shape
  6. Shape your mixture into 8 balls and flatten with a spatula onto a greased tray (they don't need to be far apart as they dont spread)
  7. Cook for 25-30 minutes and serve with whatever your heart desires :)
  8. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts