Ruby Red Raspberry Muffins

Heya,

I realised a couple of days ago that I don't have that many of my famous breakfast muffins on my blog. This surprised me as have such a range so I guess I just forgot to upload them! I've of course shared with you my EatTeen by Lottie: Vegan Blueberry Muffins but I realised I haven'y shared my other favourite. I LOVE raspberries. I've probably been eating them daily for around 5 or so years and I am yet to get bored of them. Although my family also enjoy them they are not as keen as I am (well I don't think anyone is!) and would often opt for my other bakes over my fruitier based ones. I have a habit of putting fruit in cakes, muffins especially, because I love the sweet almost chewy taste most berries tend to give (Ironically though I hate fruit cake!). However, of course I like to take into account my families preferences as well. Because of this I came up with a solution which fits everyone. Rather than simply adding frozen fruit to my muffins, I actually blend it prior. This prevents the squidgy berry texture that some people just don't like whilst still getting the fruit flavour. Its also the perfect way to sneak some added nutrients into bakes (To clarify, there is nothing wrong with regular baked goods AT ALL, I just like fun ways of getting in my 5-a-day.) I hope you love this recipe so so much!

 

Here is my recipe for Ruby Red Raspberry Muffins:



Ingredients: (Makes 9)

  • 55g Butter, softened
  • 55g Brown Sugar
  • 55g Caster Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/2tsp Vanilla/Almond Extract (I do 1/2 of each!)
  • 1/2tsp Lemon Juice
  • 60g Plain Yoghurt 
  • 115g Plain Wholemeal Flour (you can use White Flour instead!
  • 1tsp Baking Powder
  • 80-100g Frozen Berries (I use raspberries!)
  • handful of Chocolate Chips, optional but recommended 

Method:


  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. Line a cupcake tray with 9 muffin cases
  3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars
  4. Add the egg, vanilla, lemon and yoghurt and continue to mix
  5. Fold in the flour and baking powder until full combined
  6. In a strong blender (I use a Nutri-Bullet) blend you berries into a fine powder- they need to be totally frozen in order to do so
  7. Add the berries to the batter and fold until fully combined
  8. Evenly spoon the batter into the muffin cases
  9. baked for 20-25 minutes
  10. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts