S'more Cupcakes

Heya,

I remember when I first tried a s'more as it wasn't actually such a long time ago. I was on summer camp when I was about 12 and there was a campfire. I'd seen s'mores previously on TV programmes such as "Bunk'd" so knew they would be good but there is something about the combination of biscuit and marshmallow that is truly amazing! My brother and I have a habit of making "Matzah S'mores" on Passover, however I wanted to create a cupcake version of one of my favourite sweet treats as I knew the flavours would combine to create the perfect dessert. Of course I wasn't wrong (I'm generally not with baking ideas!) and have managed to concoct the best, sweet but not too sweet, soft with a slight crisp, moist, delicate cupcake recipe with the perfect frosting to give you the perfect s'more feeling. I acquired together the 3 basic flavours of a s'more: biscuits, marshmallow and chocolate mixing them into the biscuit and icing to truly get the "s'morey tast." The recipe is relatively easy, effective and tastes absolutely incredible. Its the perfect way to show off your baking skills without actually needing any "baking skills." I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and it reminds you of the memories of a campfire with gooey, yummy, sweet and squishy s'mores!

 

Here is my recipe for S'more Cupcakes:


Ingredients: (Makes 12)

For the Cupcakes:

  • 125g Butter, melted
  • 2tbs Lotus Biscoff, melted (crunchy works better but smooth also works!)
  • 100g Caster Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 125g Self-Rising Flour
  • 60g Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 6 Marshmallows, halved
For the Buttercream:
  • 100g Butter, softened
  • 30g Marshmallow Fluff
  • 1tbs Smooth Lotus, softened
  • 275g Icing Sugar
  • Broken Lotus Biscuits, to decorate
  • Chocolate Chips, to decorate
  • Mini Marshmallows, to decorate

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. Whisk together the butter and lotus spread
  3. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla and continue to mix
  4. Fold in the flour and milk chocolate chips until fully combined
  5. Spoon the mixture evenly into 12 cupcake cases
  6. Place a marshmallow half in each cupcake and press down so it is fully covered in batter
  7. Bake for 15 minutes
  8. Leave to cool
  9. While the cupcakes are cooling, whisk together the butter, fluff, lotus spread and icing sugar to form the butter cream
  10. Whisk until thick and pipable- you may need to add more butter or icing sugar depending on the texture
  11. Pour into a piping bag
  12. When the cupcakes are cooled, using a 1A (round ended) nozzle, pipe the icing onto the cupcakes in a mushroom top shape
  13. Decorate with your biscuits, chocolate chips and marshmallows
  14. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts