Protein Waffles

Heya,

Although I have posted multiple waffles recipes on my page (I do love my waffle machine!), I wanted to post this one as well as it is, without a doubt my favourite. I've recently been really into recipes from Chat GPT as I can adapt is to my liking and it also normally means I have all the ingredients available. This recipe is great because of how versatile it is. I stand by the fact, you can waffle anything that has been mixed with egg (or banana to be fair!) so I knew whatever ingredients I put in my batter, I would be able to waffle it. I wanted to make high protein waffles as they keep me full and I have super tasty flavours which I find just give the waffles that extra boost of yumminess but the protein powder can easily be subbed for more flour or even cocoa/hot chocolate powder as I know that protein powder can be pricy! I served my waffles with yoghurt and frozen raspberries (because, you guessed it, I ran out of fresh raspberries!) but you can easily top it with anything. I know my brother would likely do peanut butter and banana and you could even make them savoury by doing salmon and avocado (which I am apparently strange for liking on my waffles and pancakes). I hope this recipes gives you as much joy as it does for me!

 

Here is my recipe for Protein Waffles


Ingredients: (Makes 6) - total cost: £0.22 per waffle (excluding toppings!)

  • 50g Plain Flour (£0.03)
  • 110-115ml Milk - I used Almond but any works (£0.07)
  • 1 Egg (£0.22)
  • 25g Protein Powder - I use Misfits Salted Caramel but any works (£0.93)
  • 1tsp Baking Powder (£0.04)
  • butter/oil (spray) (£0.02) 
  • Your chosen toppings 

Method:

  1. In a bowl whisk the egg and milk with a fork
  2. Add in the baking powder, flour and protein powder and continue to mix until smooth
  3. Let your waffle maker heat up and make sure it is greased well
  4. Add a heaped tablespoon of you batter to the waffle machine and leave for 3-4 minutes depending on how well done you like your waffles (I like mine medium rare haha!)
  5. Repeat until you have used up all your batter making sure to grease the machine each time
  6. Serve with your favourite toppings
  7. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X
Link to my waffle machine: Single Serve Waffle Machine

Popular Posts