Classic Milk Chocolate Hobnobs

Heya,

Sorry for not posting for a while, I've been super busy with uploading youtube videos (My Youtube Chanel ). Anyways, I wanted to post one of my brothers favourite of my recipes, a true british classic! As my brother is revising for his mocks at the moment, I have been baking recipes I know he enjoys to keep his mental wellbeing up. About a month ago he requested my mum bought hobnobs in the supermarket at he loves them. In my family we don't tend to buy shop-bought bakes as the homemade is often much better (not to brag) so I tried to make my own. This was actually a lot simpler than I thought. The chewy yet crisp texture of a hobnob comes from the combination of golden syrup and flour which also causes the hobnobs to not be overly sweet. The glaze is much simpler than one would assume as well as very easy to spread. They were a success even on the first attempt and its fair to say they were definitley the fastest eaten recipe I've made (I think 12 hobnobs went in the space of 48 hours!) I hope you love this recipe as much as my brother does.

 

Here is my recipe for Classic Milk Chocolate Hobnobs:


Ingredients: (Makes 18)

For the Cookie:

  • 125g Butter, softened
  • 80g Brown Sugar
  • 40g Golden Syrup
  • 100g Oats
  • 100g Plain Flour (I used Wholemeal)
  • 1/2tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2tsp Baking Powder
For the Glaze:
  • 50g Dark Chocolate (chips or slabs are fine)
  • 75g Milk Chocolate (chips or slabs are fine)
  • 35g Butter

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and syrup until a dark brown mixture forms
  3. stir in the oats, flour, soda and powder and mix until fully combined
  4. spoon the batter into even balls on 2 greased baking trays 
  5. bake for 10 minutes
  6. whilst the biscuits are cooling, melt the butter, milk and dark chocolate in the microwave until totally liquid
  7. spoon the liquid chocolate onto the hobnobs and swirl around until totally covering the biscuit
  8. sprinkle with honeycomb pieces, optional
  9. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts