Chewy Chai Cookies

Heya,

I've got to be honest- gathering all my (amazing) recipes to post can be difficult. I don't really post any of my recipes that are from before 2018 (when I started actually creating my own recipes rather than following a recipe) however often I use old recipes that I used to love and adapt them to be my own. I remember making these chewy gingerbread cookies when I was in year 9 (I was about 14) however vaguely remembered the ginger flavour was slightly too strong (for me anyways!) so wanted to recreate this recipe with a similar flavour which I love even more- chai! As I mentioned in EatTeen by Lottie: Chai Spice Muffins I love the flavour of chai and often use it to flavour my more autumnal bakes. I recreated the chewy gingerbread recipe by adapting the spice combination (as well as some of the other ingredients to balance the textures out) and to say they were INCREDIBLE, is an understatement. They are the perfect mix of chewy, crispy, sweet, flavourful, not too strong, melt in you mouth and just generally perfect. They are one of my favourite recipes to make especially in the autumn for that Christmassy feel but also for exam season as they are the perfect simple tasty energy boost. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do

 

Here is my recipe for Chewy Chai Cookies:


Ingredients: (Makes 18)

  • 150g Butter, softened
  • 200g Brown Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 50g Golden Syrup
  • 230g Plain Flour (white or wholemeal works well
  • 2tsp Baking Soda
  • 1tbs Chai Tea Powder (or 1tsp of: cinnamon, ginger, star anise, white pepper and cloves)
  • Granulated Sugar, for sprinkling

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. In a normal strength blender, blend all the ingredients, aside the granulated sugar, until a cookie dough forms (I find using a blender for this particular recipe perfect in order for the amazing texture to come through and it is also mess free!)
  3. Pour your granulated sugar into a small bowl 
  4. Roll the cookie dough into 18 equally sized balls and roll around in the sugar until totally covered
  5. Place on a tray 2-3cm apart (they spread slightly) and baked for 10-12 minutes
  6. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts