Chewy Biscoff White Chocolate Cookies

Heya,

I've been dairy free for just over a year as I mentioned in EatTeen by Lottie: Vegan Mango Lassi as if I'm honest, it has not impacted my life greatly. I rarely need to ask for "special" foods in restaurants as there is mainly a large variety of dairy free meals - my friend who is gluten free has a totally different experience! However, I feel something I have missed out on is my (Wonderful!) baking. I often use margarine and non dairy milks to make my cookies dairy free however often find you don't get the perfect chewy texture I love. After doing some research I found out it is the dairy free butter that causes this change in texture so wanted to see if I could work around this. Recently I've found 2 recipes which do however, work. One with dairy free butter and one with no butter at all (watch this blog to see the upcoming dairy free recipe and its butter substitute!) I though if I subbed some of the butter with margarine and some with something else I could keep the perfect chewy texture of the original goodies. I wasn't wrong and even better my favourite pancake spread (yes there is a significant difference between spreads for pancakes or waffles and spreads for breads!) got a feature. As I'm sure you know, I love biscoff spread and this recipe incorporates it in the best way possible. its almost nutty flavour combined with the chocolate provides the most amazing cookie which can be enjoyed by everyone. The best thing is this recipe works with normal butter as well as margarine so if you don't fancy some dairy free baking you don't have to miss out on this amazing recipe. This recipe is sweet, chewy, soft and delicious and I know you will love it as much as I do!

 

Here is my recipe for Chewy Biscoff White Chocolate Cookies:



Ingredients: (Makes 18)

  • 115g Margarine/Butter, softened
  • 110g Brown Sugar
  • 60g Caster Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 1tsp Almond/Vanilla Extract
  • 100g Crunchy Biscoff Spread (this can be swapped for any spread such as peanut butter)
  • 255g Plain Flour
  • 1/2tsp Baking Powder
  • 55g White Chocolate Chip (I used the Moo Free brand), optional but recommended

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars
  3. Add the egg and yolk and continue to mix 
  4. stir in the almond extract and biscoff until fully combined- It should smell AMAZING at this point!
  5. fold in the flour and baking powder until fully combined
  6. Add in your chocolate chips 
  7. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes
  8. Using an ice cream scoop, place 18 even sized dough across 3 trays - they will spread a fair bit
  9. Bake for 8-10 minutes
  10. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts