Cookie Cereal

Heya,

One thing I have learnt over the last year is serving sizes are pointless and incredibly inaccurate. Some days you'll fancy half the serving and another day double and that is totally OK! This is why I created this recipe. Sometimes I'll fancy half a cookie and sometimes I'll want more than one so in order to fix this problem (definitely an important problem!) I have started making cookie cereal for my family. This way everyone can enjoy as much or as little as they want without feeling guilty about breaking up normal sized biscuits. This wonderful recipe is perfect with milk like normal cereal (milk first obviously!) or plain. The recipe itself is adapted from my original chocolate chip cookie recipe but tastes so much better (something bite sized food just makes my taste-buds happy) and somehow also stores a lot better meaning you can enjoy it throughout the week. It is definitely a faff to roll out 100 tiny pieces of dough and if you are as impatient as my brother when I ask him for help, you can make bigger sized pieces and it also works fine! (you may need to cook it for slightly longer though) I hope this recipes makes you smile.


Here is my recipe for Cookie Cereal:


Ingredients: (Makes 100 cereal sized pieces)

  • 80g Butter, softened
  • 115g Caster Sugar
  • 75g Olive Oil 
  • 300g Plain Flour
  • 3/4tbs Almond/Vanilla Extract
  • 3/4tsp Baking Powder
  • 3/4tsp Baking Soda
  • 30g Chocolate Chips- I like to put 1 chocolate chips in half of the pieces for that extra choccie taste! (optional)

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 175’c, gas mark 4
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth
  3. Add the oil and almond extract and continue to mix
  4. Add the flour, baking powder and soda and stir until a dough forms
  5. Refrigerate for at least an hour
  6. Make around 100 little cookie dough balls (each about the size of 1/2-1tsp) and place on a tray(s) about a 1/2cm apart.
  7. Place a chocolate chip in every other ball
  8. Bake for 8 minutes
  9. Enjoy!!

Popular Posts