3-Ingredient Popcorn Bars

Heya,

Sorry for the delay in this post- I've been super busy! anyways: Something that has always been a pet peeve of mine is food wastage. I hate throwing food away or wasting food and therefore always try to find alternate recipes using leftovers. From cauli-pizza to cake made of old cookies I've found multiple ways to reuse ingredients I would otherwise throw away. Whilst some are relatively successful, others are interesting but I guess thats what happens with experimenting. Although my family and I love popcorn, we never seem to make the right amount and I often find us throwing it away as popcorn goes bad quickly- however thats only because of its texture- the taste is still fine! I thought I would try making something with the old popcorn in a similar style to a rice krispie treat as they are a similar texture. After a lot of thought, I ended up settling for peanut butter as the binder (mainly because my brother loves it) and of course it was a success. The recipe is quick, simple and family friendly and the perfect breakfast or after school treat. I hope you love it as much as my brother does!

 

Here is my recipe for 3-Ingredient Popcorn Bars:


Ingredients: (Serves 12)

  • 75g Popcorn
  • 240g Peanut Butter (I used crunchy but smooth will also work)
  • 170g Golden Syrup
  • handful of Chocolate Chips, optional but recommended 

Method:

  1. Line a 9x9 silicon tray with greaseproof paper 
  2. In a large bowl, melt the peanut butter until smooth
  3. Add the golden syrup and mix well
  4. Gradually pour in the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is covered in the mixture
  5. Pour into the silicon tray and press down until the mixture is consolidated 
  6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
  7. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts