Marshmallow Explosion Cookies

Heya,

Recently I celebrated the Jewish festival of Passover with my family where we were unable to eat food contain flour- known as chametz. I posted a range of Passover friendly recipes using ingredients such as egg, flour alternatives and marshmallow, all of which are common Passover baking ingredients. Despite baking EatTeen by Lottie: 4-Ingredient Matzah Rocky Road and EatTeen by Lottie: Flourless Marshmallow Cookies we still had marshmallows left (my Dad has a habit of overbuying!) so I wanted to create another marshmallow based recipe but non passover based (there is only so much gluten free baking anyone can tolerate) My initial plan was to create marshmallow stuffed cookies however the batter had other ideas! Marshmallows have a habit of "exploding" in the oven causing the biscuit not to "melt" as I had expected but instead expand followed by an eruption of gooey, yummy, marshmallowy goodness. After clearing up the oven and baking trays, I recreated the recipe now understanding the nature of marshmallows and enhanced the "explosion aspect" in order to create the most wonderfully chewy, slightly sticky, (in a good way) cookies widely enjoyed by my family and friends. I hope you love this recipe as much as we all do- but be sure to follow the recipe as trying to clean up marshmallow is not fun!

 

Here is my recipe for Marshmallow Explosion Cookies:


Ingredients: (Makes 24)

  • 200g Butter, softened
  • 150g Brown Sugar
  • 100g Caster Sugar
  • 1tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1tbs Milk, (I used Soya)
  • 1 Egg
  • 325g Plain Flour
  • 1/4tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4tsp Baking Soda
  • 75g Milk Chocolate Chips, (optional but recommended!)
  • 24 Large Marshmallows (or 72 mini ones)

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. In a large bowl, mix the butter and both sugars
  3. Add the vanilla and milk and continue to whisk
  4. Stir in the egg until fully combined
  5. sift in the flour, powder, soda and fold in
  6. Add the chocolate chips and refrigerate for 30 minutes
  7. Roll the dough into 24 equal sized balls
  8. Flatten each ball then re-roll it around a marshmallow
  9. Place on baking sheets 5cm apart (they spread A LOT!)
  10. Bake for 8-10 minutes
  11. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts