Banana Breakfast Muffins

Heya,

As I mentioned in Eat Teen by Lottie: Cosmic Brownie Baked Oats I tried and tested multiple tiktok baking trends over lockdown. The difference with this wonderful recipe is it actually came about prior as I have always been a big fan of banana in baking. Muffins are one of my favourite recipes because they are so versatile. I am able to experiment with so many flavours, textures and decorations and I'd say 95% of the time, they taste amazing! I thought I would go back to basics and I have chosen to share my plain breakfast muffins. However, the beauty of this bake is the add ins! I don't think I have ever made an identical batch using this recipe as I always add something difference making each bake unique. From fruit to chocolate, spices to fillings, this simple breakfast works with almost anything. I have added a list of my favourite add ins however most "breakfasty flavours" will likely work. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do as it really is the perfect way to start the day!


Here is my recipe for Banana Breakfast Muffins:


Ingredients: (Makes 10)

  • 180g Plain Wholemeal Flour (you can use white but I prefer wholemeal for muffins)
  • 1tsp Baking Soda 
  • 1tsp Baking Powder
  • 3 Bananas (about 350g), mashed
  • 85g Butter, melted
  • 50g Brown Sugar/Honey
  • 1tbs Flaxseed + 3tbs Water (you can use a regular egg but I like this recipe vegan!)
  • 1tsp Vanilla/Almond Extract
Recommended Optional Add Ins:
  • 1tsp Cinnamon
  • 1tsp Nutmeg
  • 1tsp Pumpking Spice
  • Chocolate Chips (Milk, White or Dark)
  • Blueberries
  • Crushed Nuts (my Mum's personal favourite!)

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. In a small bowl, mix the flour, powder and soda until fully combined
  3. In a new larger bowl, mix the bananas, butter, sugar and flax egg until combined
  4. Add the vanilla and continue to stir
  5. Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture until fully combined then stir in your chosen additions!
  6. Spoon evenly into 10 muffin cases 
  7. Bake for 12-15 minutes
  8. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts