Lentil Quesadillas

Heya,

A current food obsession of mine is lentils. I've made soups, currys and even burgers as they are so versatile! They work with everything and are super cheap, which is a bonus, not to mention they taste delicious. This recipe for lentil quesadillas actually came about by accident (as all great recipes do!). I really fancied a breakfast quesadilla, which is avocado, eggs, cheese and beans essentially however I lacked 3/4 of those ingredients at the time. I decided to sub the beans for lentils and just did a lentil and cheese quesadilla. It was a quick meal to make and tasted insaneee.

I was wowed and thus began my love of lentils. The recipe can be made vegan and you can essentially add any other fillings (avocado works well!) but prep and use of crockery is minimal which means less washing up! I hope you love this simple lunch as much as I do!

 

Here is my recipe for Lentil Quesadillas:


Ingredients: (Serves 1) - total cost: £0.48 (obviously this changes depending on what fillings you choose)

  • 1 Tortilla (£0.14)
  • 40g Red Split Lentils, raw (£0.15)
  • 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice (£0.02)
  • 30g Mature Cheddar Cheese (£0.17)
  • Seasonings of Choice

Method:

  1. Cook your lentils according to instructions
  2. Preheat the grill to medium temperature 
  3. Line half your tortilla with your lentils and lemon juice, followed by the cheese and your seasonings
  4. Fold the tortilla and place on a baking tray for 8 minutes flipping it halfway through the cooking time
  5. Cut like a pizza :)
  6. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts