Ultimate Double Chocolate Vegan Cookies

 
Heya,

When making my normal cookie recipes dairy free, although there is not normally a change in flavour, there is often a change in texture. The biscuits tend to come out more cakey and rise slightly more than my normal batches. This is due to the margarine and although they still taste good, I was still finding myself after a soft, "flat" chewier cookie. The first dairy free "real" cookie I found was actually in M&S and it was perfectly chewy, slightly crispy and didn't taste vegan at all. I read through the ingredients list to see what they had done differently but unfortunately saw little difference in the ingredients used compared to my vegan cookies. However, when scrolling through Instagram a few weeks ago I found a vegan cookie recipe which looked too good to be true! I tried the recipe and, just as I had hoped, the cookies were crispy, chewy and flat- not to mention had one of the best flavours of all my cookies. I'm still not sure how the recipe manages to make these amazing cookies vegan but I hope you love the recipe as much as I do!

 

Here is my recipe for Ultimate Double Chocolate Vegan Cookies:



Ingredients: (Makes 20)

  • 165g Margarine
  • 75g Caster Sugar
  • 150g Brown Sugar
  • 2tsp Vanilla/Almond Extract
  • 200g Plain Flour
  • 45g Cocoa Powder
  • 45g Hot Chocolate Powder
  • 1tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2tsp Baking Soda
  • 100g Vegan White Chocolate Chips (you can use any kind but I love white mainly for the colour!), optional but recommended

Method:



  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. In a large bowl, cream the margarine and both sugars
  3. stir in the vanilla until creamy and smooth
  4. Add the flour, cocoa, hot chocolate powder, baking powder and soda and mix until fully combined- the mixture will still be relatively sticky at this point
  5. Stir in your chocolate chips
  6. Leave the dough aside for 20 minutes (this makes the dough easier to roll)
  7. Roll the dough into 20 evenly sized balls on 2 greased baking trays (they spread a fair amount!)
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just about crisp on top
  9. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts