Peanut Butter Caramelised Blondies

Heya,

Blondies is actually something I remember baking for the first time. I was 11 and our friends had just had twin boys. Before they were named everyone nick-named them "blondie" and "brownie" (I'm sure you can guess why!) To celebrate, me and my mum made the family a batch of brownies and a batch of blondies. Since then I've played with a variety of blondie recipes to create the perfect one. My personal prefence is slightly raw, chewy, and sweeter than a brownie! My brother is know different however, him being him, is likes my blondies to have an additional ingredient: Peanut Butter! For him peanut butter is what makes a dessert "a good dessert" so, as you have seen, I often bake with this nutty delight. I wanted to make peanut butter blondies, but was aware that I couldn't just simple "add peanut butter" as it would alter the texture. Instead, I played around with some of the ingredients in order to create the perfect blondies. The recipe is simple, sweet, looks gorgeousssss and of course tastes amazing. It is the perfect dessert to make your mouth water and I hope you love it as much as my family do!

 

Here is my recipe for Peanut Butter Caramelised Blondies:



Ingredients: (Serves 16)

  • 175g Butter, melted
  • 50g Peanut Butter, melted (I used crunchy but smooth will also work)
  • 300g Brown Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1tbs Vanilla Extract
  • 290g Plain Flour
  • 12 Squares Cadburys' Dairy Milk (or something of a similar size)
  • 75g Caramel Chips (these can be substituted for any kind of chocolate chips), optional but recommended

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. In a large bowl, mix the butter, peanut butter and sugar until fully combined
  3. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix
  4. Fold in the flour and caramel chips until a thick batter forms
  5. Pour half of the batter into a 9x9 greased tray
  6. Place the 12 squares of chocolate into the batter equal distances apart
  7. Pour the rest of the batter on top making sure the chocolate is totally covered
  8. Bake for 20 minutes
  9. When cutting, beware of the melted chocolate that will erupt from the slices!
  10. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts