Crunchy Nut Cupcakes

Heya,

I always approach my baking with the mindset "everything will work." If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to improve, experiment and create in the way I do. Therefore when it comes to basic cupcakes and cookies I always experiment with new flavours and textures just assuming they will work. If they don't then that is also fine but 9/10 times I create something yummy, special and unique to my baking repertoire. In lockdown, I can think of multiple occasions where my family knew entire families that all had COVID at once. Although they didn't all have awful symptoms, having to isolate for 14 days is never fun. I have always got joy from baking for others so had a habit of always baking something unique for our friends who were isolating. The particular family I created these wonderful cupcakes for I have babysat their kids multiple times in the past. They've often let me try their bakes from various story books (I think one of them got this book for their birthday: Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipes ) so wanted to make them something with similar creativity. My brother has a random love of the crunchy nut cornflake cereal and for some reason, I decided it would be tasty as a cupcake flavour. Somehow, I was wrong and these were greatly enjoyed by my family and friends. I hope you love this recipe as much as we all do and maybe you can brighten someones lockdown day with it!

 

Here is my recipe for Crunchy Nut Cupcakes:


Ingredients: (Makes 12)

For the Cupcakes:

  • 125g Butter, melted
  • 125g Caster Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2tbs Milk (I used Semi-Skimmed)
  • 125g Self Rising Flour (I used White for this recipe)
  • 40g Crunchy Nut Cornflake Cereal
  • 30g Chocolate Chips
For the Icing:
  • 200g Icing Sugar
  • 100ml Milk (I used Semi-Skimmed)
  • 4 Cereal Bars, broken, to decorate
  • 1 handful Chocolate Chips, to decorate

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180'c, gas mark 4
  2. Whisk together the butter and sugar
  3. Add the egg, vanilla and milk and continue to whisk
  4. In a strong blender, blend the crunchy nuts, flour and chocolate chips together until fine
  5. Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and continue to mix
  6. Pour the batter evenly into 12 cupcakes cases and bake for 15-18 minutes
  7. To make the icing, simply mix the sugar and milk together, you may need to add more sugar/milk depending on the texture of the icing
  8. When the cupcakes are totally cooled, drizzle the icing over the cupcakes
  9. Decorate with your broken cereal bars and/or chocolate chips
  10. Enjoy!!
    Comment below if you have made this bake or have any questions!
    Lottie X

Popular Posts